Site Inactive
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobZeck21
Co. Leader

re: Barching Tactic

Barch Strategy

What Is Barch?
Barch is the use of an army made up primarily of Barbarians and Archers. The barbarians act as mini tanks while the archers do all the main attacking. The key aspect of Barch is that it is a relatively cheap and quick army to train. How long it takes to train depends on the ratio of barbarians to archers you make. Generally speaking, most Barch armies take anywhere from 12-16 minutes to train. So, say you have a free hour to spend on attacking. Rather than attacking once and letting your main army (say, balloonians) train which might let you attack twice in that hour span, you could use Barch to achieve 4-5 attacks (depending upon army composition).

When to use Barch
Primarily it’s used to raid and obtain resources in a relatively quick manner. Perfect attack strategy to use for farming. You can use Barch at any TH level against any other TH level.

What is the goal of Barch?
There are two ways in which people use Barch. 1 is for farming, and the other is for trophy pushing. For now, we are just going to focus on the farming aspect. When farming with Barch, you are primarily looking at how much loot your opponent has available for you to steal (be it gold, elixir, DE or all three). I would say any batch raid that nets you a profit of 300k+ worth of resources is a good Barch raid. Having said that, you must know how to know the difference in telling if the available loot to steal is within the collectors, or if it is in the storages. A good way to tell this is to look at the pumps, drills, and mines. If someone has 150k gold and elixir and 900 DE, look at their drills, pumps, and mines. If they don’t look full, then check their storages. Odds are, the majority of the available loot to steal is in there storages. Now, you must ask yourself, “can I get to the storages?” Personally, I use ONLY archers and barbarians. Some people like to mix in a few wall breakers and/or giants as well. *Key Point: when searching for bases, sometimes you’ll come across “abandoned” bases. Look for gravestones, no league badge, and gold and elixir are close to the same amount (could also look at Xbows and see if they are empty or if Inferno Towers are black).

Army Composition
50 barbarians
170 archers

However, you can adjust these numbers however you see fit. This is what works for me with level 6 archers and barbarians. If you have level 5 or lower, I would advise using more barbarians. In the past, I’ve had more success using more archers than barbarians, but others have told me they find success using 50/50. One thing I’d like to point out is, the more barbarians you use, the quicker the turn around time is. The number of each troop doesn’t have to be a set, exact number.

Barracks Setup
For the 170/50 setup, I set 3 barracks to make nothing but archers, and the other makes barbarians.  Now, that usually means I attack with like 62 barbarians, and 158 archers, but you get the point. *Note: If you want a few more archers than barbarians, setup 2 barracks to make nothing but archers. For the 3rd and 4th barracks, make about 10 archers, and then max it out with barbs. *Note: Remember to retrain your troops before you go to attack. This will ensure that your army will still build while you look for an opponent to attack. This will aid in your efficiency and productivity in attacking.

Clan Castle
What you have in your clan castle doesn’t really matter honestly. You won’t really need to use it unless you are trying to get 50% on a base. Personally, I like to use archers to aid in attack power, but honestly anything can be used from giants, to hogs, to dragons. The biggest key here is knowing what you have in your clan castle.

Spells
Rage spell coupled with Barch works extremely well.  I wouldn’t recommend using the Heal spell due to barbarians and archers having extremely low hit points, thus rendering the Heal effect useless. I also wouldn’t recommend using the Jump spell either. Remember, most of the time, you’re looking to just get to the pumps/mines/drills that most players tend to put on the outside. If you’re using Barch and the Jump spell to get into the core, your army isn’t going to last long. The only other spell that I can recommend using with Barch is Lightning. You can use that to take down mortars or wizard towers. *Note: Using spells cuts into your profit when using Barch. Keep that in consideration when you use spells while using Barch. Only use Lightning or Rage if you really need to get to some really good loot.

How to Attack TH8 and lower
The biggest thing to look out for here is the Barbarian King and the wizard tower and mortar. Be sure you lure the barbarian king by placing one troop in his general direction, and then use a troop to attack a building on a far away building, away from defensive buildings if possible. Distract the barbarian king with a barbarian, and then spawn a few more barbarians when he reaches the corner. Spawn archers in a semi circle to kill off the barbarian king. Now, the fun begins. Using one finger, select the barbarians and drag them along the outside edge of the defense. Once you reach the edge of the side you are attacking on, switch to the archer and do the exact same thing with them across the screen. *Note: How many troops you use varies depending on the amount of each troop you have. You’ll have to tinker with the numbers and the army to figure out what works for you. Generally, I spread barbs out a little more and tend to bunch up my archers since I make more archers than barbs.

How to Attack TH9 and TH10
The only real difference here is the addition of the Archer Queen, X-bow, and Inferno Tower. Lure the Queen just like you did the King. With experience, you’ll be able to lure them both at the same time. Dealing with X-bows isn’t as hard as you think it might be. I wouldn’t recommend attacking someone with X-bows towards the outer edges of their base (unless you have level 6 barbarians, in which case, treat them just like you would a cannon). As for Inferno Towers, most people tend to put them towards the center of their bases, so you shouldn’t have to worry about them too much. I would recommend staying away from TH 10’s with active inferno towers towards the edges. Otherwise, you attack using the same barbarians in a line first, and then archers in a line as you surround the base strategy.

*Note: It’s only a must that you take out the King and Queen if you are wanting to achieve 50% and get the 1 star. You can usually spread your troops around the base without the King and Queen wreaking too much havoc on your attack.

Dealing with Clan castle
It isn’t really a necessity to take out the Clan castle troops. You can spread your barbarians and archers around fast enough, so that they won’t have time to attack you back.

Final Thoughts
Barch is used to farm with, so winning isn’t necessarily your goal. Obtaining loot quickly is. However, you can trophy hunt with Barch. The key here is to get 50% which you usually can do on most bases by attacking the outside buildings (builders huts, barracks, army camp, gold mine, elixir pump, DE drill, spell factory, and the lab). If you are finding yourself not being able to reach some loot (maybe it’s behind a wall or something), use your spells and/or heroes.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Elite War Gods Forum Index -> Barching All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: