Site Inactive
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Elite War Gods Forum Index -> Goblin DE Farming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobZeck21
Co. Leader

re: Goblin DE Farming

1. Introduction

You might have seen a lot of tactics for raiding Dark Elixir (DE) on the internet. A common way is the use of Balloonion (Balloons and Minions), or Barching (Barbs and Archers) to go for full DE drills. I started to realize that you have to search quite a bit to find full drills that are worth raiding, and balloons are a) expensive and take long, and b) I haven’t upgraded them at all and you might just have a good laugh if I did a balloonion raid. That’s why I started raiding DE storages for an average of 750 DE per raid.

The tactics I am using doesn’t require lots of skill, and I think I can say its one of the cheapest way to go as you don’t need any dark troops, heroes or expensive units.

1. What’s required
  • Since this is a variation of barching, you will need high level barbs and archers, and of course Goblins, lv. 5 works best as they survive lv 6 mortars.
  • Healing spell. This is very important to keep your Goblins alive long enough to get the honey, it also works with low lvl heal spells, I’m using lv3.
  • A good eye for storages you CAN raid and others  you CANT. Generally I can say most of the storages beyond 800 DE are NOT raidable by goblins. But you can always get a loot of 600-800 easily.

In numbers:

-          1 heal spell

-          35 Goblins

-          50 Barbs

-          70 archers

That’s what u need, the rest can be filled by whatever u have, like more of these 3 units, or some minions to assist or a dragon for emergency 50%.

1. Finding the right base

3.1   Things to avoid

There are a few things your goblins can’t stand, so watch out for those:

a)      Double wizard tower

The two wizard towers will shoot at your goblins simultaneously, effectively one shooting them. Either you try to kill one of the WT with your barch army or you skip this base.

b)      Mortar lv7+

Keep away from that guy! This mortar one shoots lv5 goblins, making the healing spell useless. If youre trying to farm DE with lv4 goblins, this does also count for lv6 Mortars.

c)       The big bomb

99% of the bases you attack will have a tesla there as this strategy isn’t used by a lot of ppl, but since youre using a horde of gobs to break through the wall, a big bomb behind it will kill them all at once. Small bombs are not that bad, as they rarely explode the same second, allowing you to heal. So either avoid empty spaces near the DE storage or poker.

d)      THE CLAN CASTLE

No Matter where it is, LURE IT OUT! Most of your time your barch army will do that while opening a path for your Goblins anyways, but if only one wizard in there survives, all your goblins will die in the blink of an eye, since theyre all standing in one spot trying to brake through the wall.

3.2   Things to look for

You want to find a relatively full DE storage which is not in the center of the base. Its really hard to break through with only one heal spell, but possible with 2. The ideal base you’re looking for has about 800 DE available, but not behind more than 2 layers of walls.

The wall level itself is not important, as the goblins break through any wall in less than 5 sec.

Here are some examples:

qwe

This base is easy to get, starting from the bottom mortar, destroying the walls arround the builder hut with barbs (splash damage is far away). You need to take out the collectors at the sides to prevent your gobs from wandering arround the base.after barching the bottom half of the base, spawning all your gobs south of the de drill should lead them to the red circle, opening a path to both the de drill and the Storage. The heal spell should be placed on the CC (which you emptied with your barch army) so that it covers the de storage and the way to it.

qwer

Also a Base to raid, barching the whole upper right, especially collectors and gold mines, so the goblins go where u want them. The barbs will evventually break through the wall to the elixir storage , leaving only one wall to the DE. Place your heal spell before the second mortar shot hits your goblins and watch them break through the purple wall, as the DE will be the nearest ressource to attack from the green cross.

qwert

The Ball, a very common TH8 layout. Unlike the copied internet version the CC is centered here and harder to lure, but the DE is easy to get since there are no distracting gold or elixir storages arround. barch the upper side, you might want to kill the upper wiz tower to make it easier. Attacking from the top, your barbs will destroy the walls north of the seeking air mine and open a path to the mortar. Watch out for empty spaces, but you will know where the bombs are in this layout since there arent many empty spaces. Additionally, when sending your goblins they will attack the wall in the dead space of the mortar, enabling you to raid the DE storage without a healing spell.

qwerty

I would not attack this base as the DE is centered behind 3 layers of walls.

1. Attacking

I suppose you know how to barch, in case not: spawn a line of barbs, then spawn a line of archers.

Save the goblins ant the heal spell for last, start when all ressource buildings are destroyed and you can absolutely tell that all gobs are gonna go for the wall you want. Send in one goblin for scouting where he hoes, you may need to sacrifice 5 or 6 for destroying any ressource buildings that distract them if your barch army didn’t do that. Spawn half of your goblins, put the heal spell, then spawn the rest, to prevent the defenses from killing the first half while youre still spawning them. You can also use multiple fingers to send them out even faster, but be sure to have them attack the same wall segment.

Using this strategy, you will get a star in 90% of your attacks, so theres no need for sniping.

1. Conclusion

I hope you liked my guide, it’s a fast way of building your army (20 mins) and you can farm 15k de per day if you keep it up. Get yourself a well protected DE storage base as every guy you raid will think of revenging you, that’s guaranteed. Also don’t forget to look for the drills, as they might have an extra 300 DE for free. Happy Farming!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Elite War Gods Forum Index -> Goblin DE Farming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: