Site Inactive
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobZeck21
Co. Leader

re: Gowipe

GoWiPe Strategy

What is GoWiPe?

GoWiPe is a play on words using abbreviations for the primary troops that are used with this attack; Golems, Wizards, and Pekkas. This particular strategy is used for higher level gameplay/attacking against strong TH8’s and higher where the Golems act as a pseudo meat shield for the wizards. Pekkas  are used as a reinforcement type troop due to their high damage per second, and as a tank due to their high hit points. This is a fairly expensive army to use, so I would only recommend using it if you are either A) trophy hunting , or B) using it for clan wars. There’s a hybrid to this attack that I use called GiWiPe (giants, wizards, pekkas) that I use to farm dark elixir with. The substitution of giants for golems makes it so that any dark elixir earned is dark elixir saved. I’ll touch on that more towards the end of the guide.

When to use GoWiPe?

Due to it’s high cost and long build time, I would not recommend using GoWiPe for farming. Instead, use Barch or BAM. However, if you have an abundance of elixir, are in a clan war, or if you’re hunting trophies…then this would be one of the better armies for you to use.

What is the goal of GoWiPe?

Well…as I stated before, the main goal of GoWiPe is to either trophy push, or use in a clan war. *Note: GiWiPe as the variant CAN be used as an overnight, break shield type of army and could actually save you dark elixir. In the case that you use GiWiPe (instead of GoWiPe) to farm with, I would recommend these things: 1) it’s an overnight build, 2) Make sure your spells are cooked (I’ll get into spells to use in a bit), and 3) set yourself an absolute minimum amount of loot to make. I primarily use GiWiPe to farm dark elixir, so when I use that army I’m looking to attack someone with no less than 1500 dark elixir.

Army Composition:

2 Golems

3 Pekkas

8-10 Wall Breakers

5 Barbarians

20 Archers

11 Wizards

As usual, you can adjust these numbers as you see fit. The Barbarians and Archers are used to lure clan castle troops, and/or to lure the King and Queen as well. If you are going to take away troops, I would start with the Pekka and then take away from the wizards as needed. You’ll have to juggle this army around a bit to get a feel for what works for you. You might want to also consider using a healer, but I wouldn’t recommend it. The golem is the best tank in the game for a reason.

*Note: For GiWiPe, use 12 giants instead of 2 golems. The healer works better with GiWiPe, so using her with this army is better suited. I don’t use the healer, but you might find her to be beneficial (especially if you are limited on spells).

Barracks Setup:

Due to the time this army takes to make, there isn’t really a need to look into production rates. Even if you spread the army out as evenly as possible between your barracks, you’re STILL looking at over an hour to make the army. That’s why I suggest doing an overnight build…or…you could consider boosting your barracks, but using gems in that manner is a guide in and of itself.

Clan Castle:

You ONLY want Archers or Wizards in your clan castle for this attack. You already have enough tanks from the golems (giants) and pekkas. Deploy your clan castle AFTER your main wave of attack has gone through. Doing so allows your wizards and archers to deal the most amount of damage.

Spells:

Rage and Heal are the only 2 spells I would take into battle with this type of army. Don’t even waste your time with lightning. I typically take 2 rage and 2 heal spells. If you can’t hold 4 spells, consider dropping one of the heal spells and substitute a healer (*Note: using a healer greatly alters your attack strategy. In this case, you would want to attack from the side with the closest Air defense, so that you could deploy the healer as quickly as possible once the Air defense is taken out).

Attacking using GoWiPe:

First and foremost, get rid of the clan castle troops, Queen, and King. Not doing so will SEVERLY alter your attack. The queen’s range makes her a pain to deal with if you don’t take her out first, and the King can chop down your golems fairly fast. Use your barbarians and archers to lure the king, queen, and clan troops. From there, choose which side of the base you would like to attack from. Deploy 1 golem, let him attract the defenses fire, and then release two wall breakers to break the wall. Now drop the second golem. Drop wizards around the outside of the opening you just created , and let them take out ALL the surrounding buildings BEFOREyou deploy your Pekkas. It’s a none fact that Pekkas have arguably the worst AI in the game, so if you want them to go in the hole you just created, you HAVE to make sure all the buildings surrounding that hole are destroyed. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had Pekkas go the wrong way, or not go where I wanted them to. Continue to use wall breakers, spells, and remaining troops as necessary. Try to save one rage spell for the core of the base. I typically try to create holes in the walls of the base that will allow my pekkas to go to the core, followed by the wizards. Typically, this is where most people store their loot, but it’s also where the best defenses like Inferno Towers and X-bows are. Rage makes a huge difference in dealing with those types of defensive buildings.

Advanced Tactic (*Note: ONLY use with GoWiPe)

If you can lure the clan castle troops, Queen, and King all to one side, it’s possible to use a golem and wizards to take all of them out. However, I would only recommend doing this if you plan on attacking from the side you lure to. To do this, you would still need to deploy your barbarians to distract the troops and lure to one side. Once they are on a side, drop a golem. Golems move extremely slow, so drop them as far away from the defenses as possible. Once all the enemy troops are focused on the golem, swarm the enemy in a semi circle with wizards. Once all the enemy troops are destroyed, let the golem get as close as he can to the walls to allow the defensive building to focus on him, and then deploy wall breakers. From here, it’s the same strategy as listed above.

Final Thoughts:

GoWiPe or GiWiPe are both highly expensive armies, so use them with care and caution. You might also want to consider practicing with these armies a few times before using them in a clan war battle. Trust me, Pekkas are really hard to get to go where you want them to, so you’re going to need to practice. Remember to take out the surrounding building before you deploy the pekkas, and you should be good to go.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Elite War Gods Forum Index -> Gowipe All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: